Blackbox infrasound logger
These are designed to go where there is internet access. They have to be co-located with a DFNEXT observatory, as the DFNEXT can easily provide Wi-Fi with internet patch-through.
Turn on for config
- USB hub
- HDMI cable
- portable screen
- Do not plug in the USB hub at boot time.
- plug in HDMI cable, system goes straight into X mode.
- plug in USB-C power cable
- no password required
- once booted: plug in USB hub with keyboard, mouse.
Turn on for operation
- GPS antenna
- WiFi antenna
- sensor (via RS232)
- last: power via USB-C cable
If configured properly, the system will auto connect to the designated WiFi, and it can be accessed remotely.
- Simply unplug power (a safe shutdown is performed automatically by the box when it looses power)
to configure Wi-Fi once the RPi is booted:
- Open a terminal
- "sudo raspi-config"
- select "Network Options"
- select WiFi
- SSID: "DFNEXTXXX" XXX= DFNEXT system number (written on the box)
- password: not provided here.
- "ping www.google.com" to confirm