Welcome to the Desert Fireball Network's and Global Fireball Observatory public wiki. This wiki contains documentation for the the DFN's fireball observatories and data processing procedures for collaborators and team members. The main GFO website is on https://gfo.rocks, Australian DFN website can be found at https://dfn.gfo.rocks and the DFN outreach portal is http://fireballsinthesky.com.au/.
Please contribute where you can by uploading information, designs and files that will help others with installation, maintenance and operation. By documenting your problems and solutions here, you can help other collaborators get up and running faster. We need your help to get cameras off shelves and under the night sky looking for space rocks!
Documentation to help you get your observatory up and running
How to access your fireball images and information about how the DFN processes fireball ev
- Accessing data captured by Fireball Observatory (still images, videos, logs)
- Finding Fireballs in images
- Data Processing Pipeline
Collections of things you might find useful. Contributions to this section are especially appreciated
Todo: find a better name for this section
- Mechanical Designs for deploying your fireball observatory (add your stand and roof mount designs here)
- Cables used in fireball observatories and for deployment
- Photos of Fireballs (add your pretty fireball to the galleries here at reduced resolutions for everyone to see; remember this wiki is open to the public)
- Photos of Fireball Camera Installations (upload photos of your finished and in-progress installations here)
Users with accounts may edit the wiki, and anyone may view the wiki (even without logging in).
Internal links do not work in edit mode (it's a bug), but work as expected in read mode.
File uploads are restricted to certain types of files. If you require a new filetype to be added, please email DFN camera help.
Click the DFN fireball in the upper left at any time to get back to this main page.